Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

Preflight Jitters

early AM                                     

Just showered…the kind of water that washes the soap off clean and crisp. TMI, I know, but it’s Canadian water. I’ll be seeing a lot of it.

There’s Canadian water in the little Styrofoam cup on the desk here, too. Good clean Canadian water having its way with the Silver Star Motel’s Café Condiments Classique instant coffee. “Magique in a Cup,” I say.

And there’s water out there, too. Lots of water from record-high water levels and as I read last night, 3-4 knots of current to bedevil or bless my launch, one way or another. “Magique in a Canal,” perhaps.

I’m surprised at the butterflies I feel right now. It’s not like I‘m about to head to the Tappan Zee for bungee hijinks or line up at Gate 13 for a flight to nowhere or even walk into the dentist’s for a checkup. No, none of these daunting events will occur today, at least not in my world. All I’m going to do is to gently slide my rowboat into the water….and row.
…..and row,
….and row.

Peace, Love, and Happiness,

Al 



No comments:

Post a Comment